Well done, Ken!

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Well done, Ken!

Post by Doc Mark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:38 am

Greetings, All,

Just a note of congratulations to our ALRA Brother, Ken Stanley, for the fine article he sent in for our last Gazette. Well done, Ken! I enjoyed reading about the Cherry Creek Winter scout, and look forward to joining you all, one of these days. Thanks, very much, for having taken the time to send in the after action report, as I'm sure all our Patriot members also enjoyed reading about your great weekend. I encourage all our members to do as you did, Brother Ken, and send in reports of their recent scouts, adventures, hunts, and get togethers. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark #224
Western Partisan
CA LT
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

j.k.stanley
Patriot Number: 138
level: Patriot

Re: Well done, Ken!

Post by j.k.stanley » Mon May 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Thank you Brother Mark. Just returned home from our memorial camp. Not as well attended but the holiday accounts for that. Myself an Brother Tim Tanner were the only ALRA members attending. We were able to go on a very nice horse ride thanks to my AMM brother Wynn Ormond(trying to convert him). It was a grand camp on Saturday the heavens openen up with buckets of rain for the next evening and through out Sunday morning. We pulled stakes around 1pm on sunday but it was a grand time. There were 10 campers(including children) and 2 that visited for saturday. Will I see you at Bridger(yes I am going to go if you can believe that)? Untill the next time Brother Mark.

YMHOS
Ken

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Re: Well done, Ken!

Post by Doc Mark » Tue May 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Evening, Brother Ken,

Your camp sounds like it was great, even with the rain. A little rain never hurt anyone (unless they got sucked into the massive run-off!) ;) :o We thought about Bridger this year, but as the Western is the very next month, and as driving 1,400+ miles to Bridger and back is not inexpensive, I am going to have to pass on attending that event this year, and stay closer to home for Labor Day. Over North of Big Bear Lake, there is another MM Rondy, where we've been welcomed, and it's only an hour from our home. So, that's where we will go this year. Maybe next year, we'll head back up to Bridger, as we like that event, quite a bit, and always enjoy visiting our many friends up that way. Lady Cynthia will not be able to attend our Western Gathering this year, but I'll be there, for sure, camping alone. I'll most certainly miss her, but will look forward to the Western, as it's one of my favorite events, now! Take care, my Friend, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.