The New, Improved Bib Guidelines

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Duane Dyer
Patriot Number: 246
level: Patriot

The New, Improved Bib Guidelines

Post by Duane Dyer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:55 am

When I started as chairman of the National Standing Committee on Authenticity (NSCA) (the Authenticity Committee) in 2014, I had one goal: finalize and produce a set of easier to understand bib guidelines. With the help of 5 other people over 3 years I am pleased to say that I have achieved my goal.
We are not changing what is required or recommended in the bylaws. Any changes are minor with the goal to better show you what is required for a bib and more concisely show the NSCA members the information you have provided. If you follow these guidelines it will reduce the bib review, approval, and response time.
Being a sponsor is an important job because sponsors bring their experience and knowledge to the task to aid a prospective member in completing their bib. To ensure a sponsor plays a key part in the bib’s construction and accuracy, we have added a place where the sponsor to sign off on the bib. All communication concerning the bib will be made through the sponsor.
We have also better defined what is meant by your persona’s time period. In the past, time period has sometimes been interpreted as the years mentioned in your biography. Other times it was interpreted as being 10 years long. The new guidelines have reduced the time period to be the one year you’re representing. For most of you, using a year tied in with a significant event will make it easier for you to choose a year. For others you will need to pick a year that best represents your persona. What is KEY here is that all your documentation must occur before your time period.
Also remember that all required items must be photographed and documented, plus all items shown in the photographs must be mentioned.
Lastly the new guidelines allow for the submission of digitized versions.
Above all it is important that you read the new guidelines so you understand them. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact the chairman of the NSCA (after June 1st the new chairman is Eve Mullins) or myself.
Duane A. Dyer
State Lieutenant Idaho
Former State Lieutenant Missouri
Former Chairman, NSCA