Late 18th early 19th razor?

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
dw25650
Patriot Number: 37
level: Patriot

Late 18th early 19th razor?

Post by dw25650 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0885943083

This might fit the bill for someone.
Dave
So life has given you a hill, get over it!

ALRA 154
Patriot Number: 154

Re: Late 18th early 19th razor?

Post by ALRA 154 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Boy I wish I was brave enough to try it.

How are you doing Uncle Dave?

You might want to know that we have been plagued by skunks out here in our area
......................... so I think of you often. See you soon,... lil ole me.
Tom

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Post by Doc Mark » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Howdy Uncle Dave!

It's great to see you are still interested in the old straight razors, as am I! The one you show is a good one, for sure, and would be great in someone's kit. Not sure how the blade would respond to sharpening and honing, but it might come along nicely, if treated properly. Worth a shot, if someone is interested in getting a nice, period correct razor. Thanks for the shout about that.

Dave, are you considering attending the ALRA 30th National Gathering in March? I hope to be there, and would love to see you, if you can make it! Maybe you and Brother Roy could share the "DeChartres Hotel" again, if needed!! ;) 8-) If we're not up to our noses in snow, and I can manage the time, I may drive back for this event. But, if our snow is deep, and the business is anything like it was last year, I'll have to stay and keep things running smoothly. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though, and hope to make our 30th!! Hope you do, too! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. Tom has been trying to sell an old skunk pelt, but I'd warn you against purchasing it from him. It's "been around", if you know what I mean!! ;) ;) :o :o :lol: (Just kidding, Thomas!!)
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

ALRA 154
Patriot Number: 154

Post by ALRA 154 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Lol.......... Doc,......... ahhhh the price just doubled for you.
Hope to see you in the spring.
Tom

dw25650
Patriot Number: 37

Post by dw25650 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Preliminary plans are to attend the 30th. Have been in contact with Roy and discussing how to get there. Tom, your fear of skunks must really be causing you problems. Be sure that I will have nothing to do with any shenanigans that may take place at deChartres. BTW, I am in need of a few bushels and a peck of gumballs (the tree kind) for a project I am working on. Anyone got any available?
Dave
So life has given you a hill, get over it!

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Post by Doc Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 am

Morning, Gents,

Tom, I'll save my pennies and bid heavily, when you offer that old pelt on your trade blanket at Fort D!

Dave, that's great news! I'm glad you and Roy have already been talking about this, and look forward to seeing you both at the National this year! Please give my best to your Sweetie, and I'll talk to you soon. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.