Member Sponsor In My Area?

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Candle Snuffer

Member Sponsor In My Area?

Post by Candle Snuffer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there were any ALRA Member's from my area (northwest Nebraska), that I could talk with
about sponsoring me for membership in the ALRA?

Thank you,
Snuffer

Rob Park
Patriot Number: 255
level: Patriot

Re: Member Sponsor In My Area?

Post by Rob Park » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Snuffer, Dave Wade lives in Sterling NE he would be able to help you, his phone number is 402-310-4477. Thankyou for your interest , Rob.

Candle Snuffer

Post by Candle Snuffer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Thank you Rob.
Snuffer

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Post by Doc Mark » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Evening, Snuffer,

My name is Mark Rutledge, aka Doc Mark, and I am the current Western Partisan. Nebraska falls in our Western membership, so if you have any questions, or need more information, please don't hesitate to contact me. Dave Wade is a long-time ALRA member, and an outstanding Gentleman, and dear Friend. So, as Brother Rob suggested, please do contact him, too. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience, if I can be of any service in answering questions about the ALRA. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Candle Snuffer

Post by Candle Snuffer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:32 am

Thank you Doc.

Looking at my map, I see Dave Wade and I are at opposite ends of the state, about 8+ hours apart, as I'm located in Crawford.
Would Dave have an email address by chance? I'm not a good "phone talker" as I'm rather hard of hearing.

Here is a little bit of history of myself, an introduction you might say;

I've been a long time member of the NMLRA (30+ years)

Aside from my long time job here in Crawford, I build, shoot, and hunt with traditional muzzle loading rifle's.

I have attended our state muzzle loading shoot a few times at Cario, Nebraska.

I have been on the buckskinning scene for years, though I haven't attended a camp for the last couple of years.
Timing hasn't really been right with my daughter in collage, as well as wanting to spend time with my wife, kids, and
grandson.

I helped found the White River Brigade here in Crawford, which is our local traditional muzzle loading club. We also started
an annual "Fess Parker Memorial Shoot" back in 2010, which has grown slowly, but we don't have a'lot of folk out here where
I live.

I do need to read more posted here about the ALRA, and I will do so.

YMHS,
Joe Martin / aka Candle Snuffer
Snuffer

Doc Mark

Post by Doc Mark » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:48 am

Howdy, Joe,

You are most welcome, Sir. Sounds like you have been around the black powder hobby for a while, and that's good. Please do read up on the ALRA, and what we try to do in our organization. It will be quite different from many other such groups, and we are proud of our efforts to be period correct, through study, research, and experimentation. Again, if you have any questions, please give me a shout. I'll send a note to Dave Wade, and see if his email is up and running, and if he would mind if you give him a shout. Not to worry about being on opposite sides of the State. My Sponsor was in VA, and I life in CA, and we still got the job done! Talk to you later, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Ty Davis
Site Admin
Patriot Number: 198

Post by Ty Davis » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Looks like the others have you on the right track. Let me know if I can help.
Ty Davis #198
Factor
GA St. Lt.

dw25650
Patriot Number: 37

Post by dw25650 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Joe,
Am home finally. Contact me via phone or email, which I think is somewhere on this site. I believe Doc Mark gave you my phone number.
Dave
So life has given you a hill, get over it!

Doc Mark

Post by Doc Mark » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Morning, Uncle Dave!

Great to see you back, and I hope you and your bride are both happy and healthy! I have sent CandleSnuffer your contact info, and hopefully, he will be contacting you soon. If I can help you, please let me know. Hope to see you on our yearly trip past your area, and will talk to you about that as we get closer to that time. Thanks for offering to talk to CS, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc