2011 ALRA Western Gathering.

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

2011 ALRA Western Gathering.

Post by Doc Mark » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 am

Greetings, All,

I can't believe it's almost been a year since many of our Western members gathered together to enjoy yet another fine event, but so it has!! Our 2011 ALRA Western Gathering will once again be held at Fort BuenaVentura, in Ogden, Utah, October 12-16. I will be arriving early, to help anyone who needs assistance, so if anyone would like to be there a day earlier, that's OK, too.

Once again, we will share the warmth of friendship, some outstanding shooting and skills competitions and contests, great food, and some interesting seminars at our Western Gathering. As always, members and their families are invited to attend and enjoy this event, with the reminder that all our members will be held to ALRA standards in their camps and presentations of themselves, whilst their families are asked to do their best, but given some leeway.

Also, a gentle reminder: This event is for ALRA Patriot members, ALRA Probationary member, and their families and invited guests. Only members of Patriot status or above are allowed to invite anyone, and if you do invite guests, please help them fit into our normal ALRA guidelines in dress, equipments, and camp setup.

I will post a schedule of events soon, after I make sure that those on tap so far are still up for hosting what they have so kindly offered for us all to enjoy at our upcoming Gathering. I will post that here, and will send a notice to our ALRA Gazette, as well.

Please make your plans to attend our Western Gathering, Friends! Every year, more members from the West are doing so, and their efforts are much appreciated by everyone, and their contributions to our event are welcomed! In the next two years, which will be my last as Western Partisan after a good, long run in office (for which I humbly and sincerely thank you all!), I would really like to reach a point where members from all Western States attend this Gathering. That was it's goal from the beginning, and with each passing year, we get closer and close to achieving that goal! So, for members in all Western States, please consider making the effort to join us in Utah this coming October, and let's make this Western Gathering the best attended yet!! As always, thanks to Gregg Hansen, we will have wedge tents for any out of town visitors, and we will do our best to help anyone in need of logistical support. So, if you want to attend this great event, please let us know how we can best help you do to so!

Thanks to all our members and friends who work hard to make this a fantastic event every single year! Without you great guys and gals, there would be NO Western Gathering, at all, and your wonderful sharing and hard work are a shining example to us all!! You have my heartfelt gratitude and sincere thanks for all the outstanding work you have done every single year of our event!! Take care, and see you all in October at Fort BuenaVentura! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark Rutledge
ALRA #224
Western Partisan
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Ty Davis
Site Admin
Patriot Number: 198
level: Patriot

Re: 2011 ALRA Western Gathering.

Post by Ty Davis » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Were any pictures taken?
Ty Davis #198
Factor
GA St. Lt.

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

Re: 2011 ALRA Western Gathering.

Post by Doc Mark » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Evening, Ty,

Yep, lots of photos were taken, and tons of shooting was done this year! I am waiting for one more photo CD to be sent to me, and when that arrives, I'll post a report and photos, as well as something for the Gazette. This year's Western was the very best yet, and in truth, there was SO much shooting, that I think it wore quite a few folks out!! Now, that's what I call fun!! Talk to you soon, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.