National Gathering

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Delbert Hupp #169
Patriot Number: 169
level: Scout

National Gathering

Post by Delbert Hupp #169 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Had a grand time at the Gathering! Hope all made it home safely. Will post picutures I have as soon as I have time to go thru them. Cant wait for the 30th Anniversary Gathering next year!
Y M H S
Delbert Hupp #169
Delbert Hupp #169
Missouri St. Lt.

Never argue with the stupid!........They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

royjkatz
Patriot Number: 218
level: Patriot

Re: National Gathering

Post by royjkatz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Delbert, I had a great time at the gathering as well. And thanks to all you Missouri boys (Larry, Tom, Duane & John) for helping to make this a wonderful event. I'll see you at the 30th next year! Roy

Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224

Post by Doc Mark » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey, Del, Roy, and All,

I, too, had a fantastic time, and thought this last Gathering was really one of the best we've enjoyed in years!! Great shooting, and some tricky stuff once again offered by those very sneaky Missouri Boys and Ty!! Del, my photos did not come out as good as I'd hoped, as I forgot to return the settings on my camera to their proper places. Still, some did come out, and I was contacted by that fellow who took some wonderful photos of Rob's outstanding seminar on making mocs (GREAT stuff, Rob!!), and he is offering his photos for sale. His work is very, very good, and I'll post that website as soon as I can. I'll also send you the photos I took, as we discussed at the Gathering. It was great to see you, Del, and to spend some time with you, and I look forward to being on the same team at our 30th Gathering, if it can be arranged. Along with Joe, you, and me, I thought we did pretty good, and was proud of our efforts! More later..... Work is really demanding right now, so I don't have time to offer a full report of our fun at this last National Gathering. But, I can tell those who couldn't join us this year, that they really missed a superlative event, and that, if they don't come and join us for the 30th, I may begin to doubt that they actually like to have such fun and games!! ;) :) It was very good to see so many States represented at this event, with ALRA Patriot members from New York, Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and California, all participating in our National Gathering! We have some outstanding shooters, Friends, and it was shown to great effect at this event.

Many thanks to the Missouri Boys: Larry, Del, Duane, John, and Tom for all their efforts, and as usual, they offered up some fun, sneaky, and very demanding shooting. Thanks to Rob and Bill for the very informative and well presented seminars. And, thanks for Ty, and those who helped him, for another great ALRA National Gathering!! Well done, all around!! I already look forward to our 30th Gathering, and hope to see as many members attend as possible!! It will be worth your efforts! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark

P.S. Del, many thanks for the loan of that neat horn spoon for the Gathering. After not being able to find my own, in the frenzy of packing, the wooden spoon I bought was so darned big, I could barely get it in my mouth, which is pretty darned big, itself, much less actually eat with it!! You saved me!! ;) :lol: :lol: :D :D
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Ty Davis
Site Admin
Patriot Number: 198

Post by Ty Davis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:07 pm

I too had a great time this year. I am looking forward to Dave's article on the gathering and to seeing all the pictures everyone took.
Ty Davis #198
Factor
GA St. Lt.

Doc Mark

Post by Doc Mark » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Greetings, Guys,

Just a tad of less than fun news. Unfortunately, last night, I began to come down with "something", and it began with a bit of a sore throat, and stuffy nose. This morning, the sore throat is worse, and my sinuses are causing me to cough a bit. Stuffy head, stuffy nose, and just less than normal energy. I surely hope that nobody else came down with this thing, and if so, that they get over it quickly. I'm hoping the same for myself, as we're at a job, working, and I hate to pass such things on to anyone else. Unfortunately, I'll be in contact with some of our students and customers all day tomorrow, so who knows how it will turn out. I'm going to try and keep my distance from as many folks as I can. In any case, sorry to be the bearer of such news, but figured that everyone would want to know. The incubation period is just about right for my having picked this up at the Gathering, so take heed, and take good care of yourselves, Friends. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (I know.... I know: "heal thyself", right!) ;) :roll: :lol: :lol:
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

ALRA 154
Patriot Number: 154

Post by ALRA 154 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 am

Well Mark I also came down with it, just now clearing up. I worked Tuesday but stayed home Wednesday and Thursday to keep from spreading it to everyone else working in the control room.

You missed a good photo opportunity Saturday night of me and the fort kitty. After the rain storm I retreated to the guards rooms and fell in bed with Hal, Jeff, and Duane. Sometime in the night fort kitty managed to seek me out and burrow her way into my blanket with me. With her snuggly nestled in the crook behind my knees purring like a racing tuned Eveinrude we spent a comfortable night. Then just before dawn she crawled out stretched real big gave me two quick wet sneezes in my face and continued on with her nightly fort duties.

I hope you feel better real soon, and it was great seeing everyone again.

Uncle Dave I hope that you're feeling well now too. Such a shame to travel so far just to be ill.

Later all.
Tom

dw25650
Patriot Number: 37

Post by dw25650 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:04 am

Sorry about you all becoming ill. Doesn't sound like what I had because mine was stomach. Didn't have the sore throat, etc. Tom, I did have a great Saturday so that made the other days worth it.

Thanks to all for the memorable weekend.
Dave #37
So life has given you a hill, get over it!

Delbert Hupp #169
Patriot Number: 169

Post by Delbert Hupp #169 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:10 pm

On top of my allergies, I also have it. Woke up with sore throat Sunday, sinus Monday, Broncitis Wed.
On the mend now. Lotsa Nyquil!:)
D.H.
Delbert Hupp #169
Missouri St. Lt.

Never argue with the stupid!........They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Doc Mark

Post by Doc Mark » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Evening, Gentlemen,

Tom and Del, sorry to hear that you, too, have fallen victim to this malady as have I. I hope that, for all of us, this thing runs it's course, and moves on, leaving us healthy again. I have four hard days of work at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library next week, and I'm really hoping to be more healthy when that time comes. I believe we had around 3, 300 kids coming through our camps last year, every day, and this year, the Reagan has added another day, and upped the ante for the number of kids we will see each day! Lord, please help us all beat this illness, and be back to full health soon!! Tom, maybe your kitty cat "friend" gave us cat scratch fever.... what do you think?! ;) :shock: :lol: :lol:

In any case, Guys, I had a wonderful time, and very much enjoyed seeing you, one and all, again, and sharing this camp with you!! Next year's Gathering can't get here soon enough, Lads!! Thanks, again, for a great time, and I'll see you all next year, if not sooner. Hey, come out to the Western Gathering this year, and sooner will be much better than later! 8-) 8-) Get better Guys, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark
Western Partisan