DeLea Sayers' article in MuzzleLoader.

General discussion area for people interested in the ALRA.
Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

DeLea Sayers' article in MuzzleLoader.

Post by Doc Mark » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Greetings, All,

In the latest issue of MuzzleLoader Magazine, you will find a very well written article by one of our ALRA Brothers, DeLea Sayers!! I first met DeLea, back when I was visiting Fort St. John Baptiste, in Louisiana, with a mutual friend, Claybert Menard. DeLea offered a very nice seminar at that event, and I was very impressed by his knowledge and willingness to teach others. That rather set my own sails for the future, and for learning to do my medical presentations, which I very much enjoy doing, and which I believe is VERY important!! Check out DeLea's nice article, when you get the chance. By the way, he's re-covered quite a few period Bibles for us over the years, and we've given tons of them away as gifts, to very happy recipients! Not too long ago, he did another one, for a friend of ours, so I believe that he's still offering that service. In any case, it's great to see that he is still doing the wonderful job he does in teaching others some of the vast knowledge that he's learned through his research! Take care, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark ALRA #224
Western Partisan
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

ALRA 154
Patriot Number: 154
level: Patriot

Re: DeLea Sayers' article in MuzzleLoader.

Post by ALRA 154 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Lets not forget our very own Mike Blumenstein, Patriot #149 from Linesville, Pa.
Mike has had at least three articles published in Muzzleloader Magazine that I can recall. Wish I still
had them here to reference dates and issues but after reading I pass my magazines on to others.
I met Mike while attending the Rifle Frolic put on by the House brothers in Woodbury, Kentucky years back.
I was down there alone and Mike and his sidekick George sort of adopted me for the weekend. We had a great time
And I discovered how funny and ertertaining he could be, and it's just my opinion but I believe he should have won the Frank House look-alike contest held at one of the later frolics. Mike if you're reading this I believe that Lally was just to afraid of picking you in fear of making Frank jealous.
Reading Mikes' discriptions of his lone scouts makes me wish I were close enough to attend one, for on his scouts he and his K9 traveling companion seem to run into more wildlife than I would if I were to spend the day at the St. Louis Petting Zoo.
So thanks to all our brothers and sisters with enough skill to put into words their print worthy scouts and adventures.
Tom