The following items, which are not of period design or materials are acceptable at ALRA events and by persons representing the ALRA:
- Modern canoes, paddles, and personal flotation equipment.
- Modern tanned leather that is period color.
- Machine woven fabrics of natural fibers.
- Under garments, not visible, for men and women.
- First aid kits, in period container.
- Sun block, that is not visible on the skin, in period container.
- Medications, in period container.
- Contact lens.
- Cast steel gunlock parts and ax heads.
- Straight extruded gun barrels.
- Cameras, in period cover when not in use.
- Water purification devices, in a period cover when not in use.
- Only Flesh tone colored ear plugs, that are not attached together via cord/string/etc., to be stored in a period container when not in use.
The following items have been challenged and documented:
- Copper canteens and water containers.
- Toilet Paper.
- Pocket watches with covers.
- Hat strings on wide-brimmed hats.
- Forged iron round or oval belt buckles.
- Blanket pins.
- Short starters.
- Loading blocks.
- Modern manufactured shoes that have the appearance of a hand made center seam moccasin.
- Folding handle skillets.
Note: These are not part of the ALRA bylaws and do not require the amendment process to change. The committee may change these in accordance with Amendment Four.
In accordance with Amendment four to the by-laws, The National Standing Committee on Authenticity approved the following substitute requirements for smooth barrel flintlock. The requirements listed for passing the levels were intended for flintlock guns with rifle barrels.
- #8. Offhand hit an 8" round steel gong 5 times at 25 yards, in 3 minutes. If using a patched ball, extend the range to 35 yards.
- #9. Offhand hit a 9 out of 10 shot aggregate.
- 3 shots at 25 yards---6" steel gong.
- 3 shots at 35 yards---8" steel gong.
- 3 shots at 45 yards---l0" steel gong.
- Or Shoot thrown clay birds, hitting 7 out of 9 rounds.
- #1. Shoot a 5 shot aggregate.
- 1 shot at 15 yards.
- 1 shot at 25 yards.
- 1 shot at 35 yards.
- 1 shot at 50 yards.
- 1 shot at 65 yards.
- Using a 10" diameter round target. Minimum score of 4 hits.
- Or As in a hunting situation, from a sitting position, using a life-size turkey head silhouette, set at 20 yards. Make 3 killing shots at 5 seconds per round. Spot target make ready-aim-fire.
- #7a. Hit a man-sized target set at 50 yards, 4 out of 5 shots in 90 seconds.
- #5a. Offhand hit a 10" steel gong set at 35 yards, 5 shots in 3 minutes. If using patched ball, extend range to 45 yards.
- Or Offhand, hit a life-sized deer silhouette 5 times, making killing shots.
- 2 shots at 25 yards.
- 1 shot at 35 yards I shot at 45 yards.
- 1 shot at 50 yards.
- #3. Offhand, hit an 18" steel gong set at 45 yards, 5 times, in 3 minutes. If using a patched ball extend range to 55 yards.
- Or Offhand, hit life-size bear silhouette 5 times, making killing shots.
- 2 shots at 35 yards.
- 1 shot at 45 yards I shot at 50 yards.
- 1 shot at 60 yards.
The NSCA of the ALRA.