2009 ALRA Western Gathering!

A Place for the National Officers and Patriot level members of the ALRA to post details regarding upcoming ALRA events.
Doc Mark
Patriot Number: 224
level: Scout

2009 ALRA Western Gathering!

Post by Doc Mark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Greetings, Fellow ALRA members, honored Friends and Guests!

Well, the time is almost upon us for our FOURTH ALRA Western Gathering!! Can you believe that we’ve already enjoyed three such events, and that our fourth one is almost here again??!! I’m really looking forward to this year’s event, and to seeing you all there, once again!

This year, something fun will be taking place, as Kirk Davis has kindly volunteered to cobble together a schedule of events for us, which will be posted in advance of the event! Great job, Kirk! I hope to be able to send along all info that I have so far gathered, so that the schedule of events can be posted in the near future. Sincere and heart-felt thanks go out to James Chandler, Gregg Hansen, Grant Davis, Kirk Davis, and all others who have stepped forward to help with this outstanding event! Without you all, this event would never have become the most successful event in the history of the ALRA!! HUZZAH to you all, and to all those that attend it!

I know that several ALRA members are contemplating some interesting and educational seminars, as we’ve enjoyed in the past, and that several shooting contests are in the works, right now.

Our, always enjoyable, pot-luck dinner will be held on Saturday afternoon, October 17th, as we have in the past. Please plan to cook up some delectable comestibles, and to share some fun together on that afternoon! Don’t forget to stick around for the annual group photo, too!

For those from out of State, who are thinking about joining us for our 4th Western Gathering, please RSVP to either myself, or to Gregg Hansen, so that accommodations can be setup for your use. If anyone needs blankets, cooking gear, powder, or anything else, please let us know, so that we can help to make your visit to the West easy and fun!

As you all very probably already know, dates for this year’s Western Gathering are October 13-19, and this event is open to all ALRA members in the West, visiting members, their family members, and invited guests. Please remember that ALRA members need to hold to official guidelines for this event. We will, however, make allowances for our family members and guests, as needed. But, please try to make sure that things look as period as you can make them, and that camps are setup with accuracy in mind. That has always worked very well in the past, and I fully expect our upcoming Western Gathering to be yet another outstanding event in that regard, and in all others! Thanks, very much, for your attention to detail in this, Friends!

If any of you would like to offer a seminar, host a shooting contest, do something fun for the kids, or anything else, please let us know! We thank you for your help, and very much appreciate your commitment to making our Gathering top-notch!

As we did last year, we will be asking a $10 donation from each camp, to help defray expenses, and as a donation to the Fort for allowing us to enjoy the wonderful facilities as we do. We really appreciate your helping with this worthy cause. Also, please bring whatever firewood you may need, as I’m not sure if we’ll have wood available to us this year.

If you have any questions, please contact me, James Chandler, (Utah LT), Gregg Hansen, who has very kindly offered tentage and many other things for those folks that are coming in from out of State, or Grant Davis, who remains our liaison with Fort BuenaVentura.

Pertinent contact information is as follows:

Fort BuenaVentura
2450 A Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401-2203
Map and directions can be found here:
www.co.weber.ut.us/parks/fortb/

Mark Rutledge, ALRA Western Partisan
Email: cynmar41@mindspring.com

James Chandler, Utah State LT
Email: James.Chandler@usarec.army.mil

Gregg Hansen
gregg_hansen@yahoo.com

Grant Davis
Grant.Davis@imail.org

Thanks, again, for all the efforts that each of you has put forth to help make our Western Gathering such a fantastic event! I look forward to seeing each and every one of you in just a few weeks! Have a safe trip, and as always, may God Bless you and yours!

Every Good Wish,

Doc Mark Rutledge
ALRA #224
Western Partisan
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Doc Mark

Re: 2009 ALRA Western Gathering!

Post by Doc Mark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 am

Greetings, All,

Next week, we'll all be meeting in Utah, once again, for our upcoming Western Gathering. They've had snow at the higher elevations, so nights should be chilly, if not down-right cold. Please plan accordingly, and bring lots of warm blankets and proper clothing, as well as food that will keep the internal fires burning well! For those out of towners, there will be tents setup for your use, compliments of Master Gregg Hansen. Well done, Gregg, as always, my Friend!

Have a safe trip to the Gathering, Friends, and I'll see you there! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark #224
Western Partisan
The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Doc Mark

Re: 2009 ALRA Western Gathering!

Post by Doc Mark » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:26 am

Greetings, All,

For those folks that are going to be heading to Utah for our Western Gathering this coming week, have a very safe trip, Friends! I'll see you all there. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark #224